Tuesday 8 April 2008

Sunny Spain without the Rain

Dear Look to Windward Reader,

By the time this post will appear on the blog - by virtue of delayed posting in blogger-draft - I will be boarding a plane to sunny Spain. :-))


To do umpiring at the V Open de España, a grade 1 Match Race event at Calpe, Spain, from 8-12 April 2008. You can visit the website here. This event is an official qualifier for the World Match Racing Tour and the winner will be invited to the St. Moritz Match Race.

Together with nine other Umpires I will be following boats to whistle and flag when appropriate. This will be my first Grade 1 event and I'm excited, but also a little nervous. Will I be able to get up to speed quickly enough and not make to many mistakes. Match racing can be so bloody fast when there's a little more wind, specially in the pre-start maneuvering. I'm sure about my knowledge of the RRS, but those transitions, oh man...

I have prepared a couple of posts to be published this week, so even if I can't get to an Internet connection you should get new content. If I can, I will try to post a few pictures and perhaps a few interesting calls of the action at this event.

Temperature at Valencia, 100 klicks north from Calpe, was 23 degrees this morning! A whole lot better than the 7 degrees I woke up to. I'm bringing my shorts!

Cheers,
Jos 'Hombre del Clavo'

PS: You can still make comments or mail me, but please be patient, it might take some time to get it published on the blog or before I can answer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...